Monday, October 19, 2015

Cheesy Roasted Mushroom and Cauliflower Soup...


Well hello blog, hi my name is Tiffany and I occasionally forget to blog it isn't done intentionally it just happens. Blog of mine I really do love you please forgive me. Because today I have a yummy soup to introduce you to that is hearty and healthy(depending on how many chunks of bread you eat with it!) 

I love soup I could eat it all year round. But the hubs isn't quite so fond so I have to reserve my soup cooking for when the air starts to get its cooler bites to it and guess what... IT IS!!! This soup sounds a little crazy but really it is just like a broccoli cheddar soup just veggies and type of cheese swapped out. I found the recipe and switched somethings around a bit to meet my eating needs. Feel free to increase the milk reduce the stock, add some cream whatever you want to do to make your soup suit your fancy. Just give this puppy a try!

Cheesy Roasted Mushroom and Cauliflower Soup

2 small to medium sized heads of Cauliflower (Broken Down into bite sized pieces.)
16oz of Mushrooms (Quartered)
EVOO
Salt and Pepper
1 Cup Diced Onion
3 TBSP Butter
3 ½ TPSP Flour
1 ½ Cup Whole Milk
4 Cups Chicken Stock
1 TSP Dried Parsley
¼ TSP Dried Dill
¼ TSP Sugar
1 ½ Cup Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
¼ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese

Pre-Heat oven to 425 degrees. Place cauliflower and mushrooms on baking sheet, dizzle with EFOO and toss to evenly coat, then spread into an even layer and season lightly with salt and pepper. Bake in a preheated oven until golden, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
In a large pot melt butter over medium heat add onion and sauté until tender about 4-5 minutes. Add in flour and cook stirring constantly for a minute or two. Whisk in milk, and chicken stock. Add parsley, dill, sugar, cauliflower and mushrooms, season soup to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and stirring constantly then reduce heat to low. Grab your stick blender! And purée away! I like mine a little chunky so I didn’t go until it was smooth, you could also do this in batches in your regular blender. Turn heat off and stir in your cheeses. Serve with crusty bread! YUM!  

My Oh SO CUTE Sous Chef actually tried this soup and liked it, well she liked it as long as she had bread to dip. But hey I'll take what I can get! 
And now you know that when I have no light in my home I photograph food on my front porch, please don't judge me!


No comments:

Post a Comment