Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Saying goodbye...


I haven’t exactly been an awesome blogger here lately…sorry. There have been many things going on and many things requiring my attention. But today I need to share with you guys, I have sat down several times over the past few days to write this post and it never actually gets finished I just couldn’t get my thoughts together.

I have been blessed for the past 31 year to have the opportunity to have my Papa in my life.  I know it is a huge blessing because there are so many that never know their grandparents let alone have them through so much of their life. Well last Friday morning God decided that Papa was needed more in heaven than here so he was called home. As hard as this is for me, I know he is in a better place where he can watch over all of his family and make certain we are all ok. 


I really can’t fully put into words what this man meant to me, but let’s just say we had a very very special and unique relationship. Papa was so full of love that it just radiated from him; he always wanted what was best for his family and nothing more. As a child I remember him being at anything and everything my brother and I asked him to be at and as an adult I remember him being excited for each new and exciting change our family was going to have. The changes he looked forward to the most were weddings and babies, he loved each and every blessed event. 

Like I said I don’t feel that right now I can put into words what he meant to me but what I can say is his impression on me will last forever. I know these things for certain, he loved my grandma from the first moment he laid eyes on her to his last breath she was the love of his life, the hand he always held and the lady who filled his heart and home. He loved his family, he and my grandma had five kids, 8 grandkids, 3 step-grandkids, 6 great grandkids (plus one to be born any day), and two step-great grandkids, these people were his people the people who he was so so proud of. He loved the land whether it be in his younger days as a farmer or his older as a gardener he loved and respected what the land could give him if he worked for it. His heart was so big that his family didn’t just stop at blood, his heart and home were open to any and all that loved someone in his family. And lastly he was a faithful Christian, I never really heard him speak about the Lord but he was at church each and every Sunday, and I know he believed that God’s plan was so much bigger than his. 


I saw this quote today and I thought it was a perfect way to finish this about my amazing Papa, because it describes him to the tee.

“You only live once, but if you work it right…Once is enough.”

I love you Papa always have always will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment