Saturday, April 10, 2010

Chicken Flatbread Pizza

This is a simple meal that you can whip up anytime for your loved ones. I had purchased these multi-grain flatbreads and I wasn’t really sure what I was going to do with them. They sat on the counter for a few days waiting for the creative cooking gods to inspire me. I was determined to think of something to use these wonderful flatbreads for. I began to think of shrimp and pesto pizza that Flat Branch Brewery used to have on their menu, a place I loved to eat in college. I loved that pizza and was completely crushed when they removed it from their seasonal rotation. This dish was inspired by that delectable pizza.
Chicken Flatbread Pizza (2 pizzas)

1 boneless skinless chicken breast
3 pieces of bacon cooked and chopped
10 fresh spinach leaves
1 tomato seeded and cubed
2 TBSP jarred pesto
1 TBSP sour cream
A splash of milk
Romano Cheese Shredded
2 Multi-Grain Flatbread (I bought my at Aldi, oh do I love Aldi)
Salt, Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
EVOO

Pre-heat oven to 350, place flatbreads on a cookie sheet where they are not touching drizzle with olive oil and kosher salt, toast in the oven for 7-8 minutes. Season chicken breast with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Cook in a nonstick skillet for 5 minutes per side dice the chicken after cooking. Mix pesto, sour cream, and milk, spread on the flatbreads. Top flatbreads with spinach, tomatoes, bacon, chicken, and a little cheese. Bake the pizza for 10 minutes. Drizzle with a bit more olive oil just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment