Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Strawberry and Pecan Salad

This time of year the new crop of strawberries are beginning to come in, I find myself buying an abundant amount of them. This happens to me often I think that we really need four boxes of strawberries, for what I am not sure, but still I often end up with extra berries around the house. When I asked my MIL what I should bring for Easter dinner she suggested a nice salad. I knew instantly what salad I wanted to bring. I wanted to put a raspberry vinaigrette on this salad, but my local grocery store didn’t have any raspberries. Knowing I had an enormous amount of strawberries in my refrigerator I just substituted strawberries for raspberries. This salad is great for a nice refreshing side dish or you could serve a nice chicken breast atop for a more hearty summer lunch. Enjoy!


Strawberry and Pecan Salad
1 bag baby spinach
1 bag hearts of romaine
1 cup sliced strawberries
½ cup toasted pecans coarsely chopped
½ cup real bacon bits
½ thinly sliced medium red onion
½ cup parmesan cheese

Strawberry Vinaigrette
1 cup strawberries
¼ cup sugar (you can add more to make dressing sweeter)
½ cup apple cider vinegar
¾ cup extra virgin oil
¼ cup toasted pecans finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

Whirl strawberries, pecans, and sugar in food processor. Add vinegar mix well. Stream in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment