Friday, December 19, 2014

Random Acts of Kindness Christmas Countdown...Week 3 Recap


It’s Friday!!! My last day of work for 2 count them 2 whole weeks!!! But it also means that it is time for a recap of Miss Charlot’s Random Acts of kindness for the week. I can’t even explain to you the joy this little project has brought to my life. I worried that I would mess it up or that we wouldn’t have the time but I will always make the time for this. And you can’t really mess up a RAOK, can you? Plus trust me if I forget to get things together or I haven’t helped her do the act she is reminding me!

This week has been especially fun because we have left treats for many people and that means we got to bake cookies!!! Yummy. Again I encourage you to try this with your kiddos. I know that Christmas is only a few days away but it RAOK can be done any time anywhere. Just think how awesome it is just to make one person’s day better!

So here’s our recap from last Saturday to today!

12/13/14- We rang bells for the Salvation Army. Oh the people of Walmart got quite a treat from my little one singing Jingle Bells for an hour. This is a tradition that momma Linda started with me long ago. 
12/14/14- Charlot had a little random acts kindness card that she gave to a lady and told her she could go in front of us in line at Michaels. The lady was so sweet and thanked her so much and told me that she thought I was an awesome lesson. It was good for momma’s heart.


12/15/14- Charlot passed out candy canes at our local nursing home. It was so much fun to see the smiles on their faces. There was a door there decorated with Minions (Despicable ME) so Charlot hung two candy canes on that door for “the people that live behind that cool door!”


12/16/14- We left treats for our mail lady. And our mail lady left us a sweet note in return!


12/17/14-We left treats for the trash men, they kind of have a thankless job and deserve a pick me up! Just think if they stopped doing their job, YUCK!

12/18/14-Our local grocery store is AMAZING and we are so blessed to have an awesome meat department there. The meat cutters are always willing to help and go the extra mile. So yesterday they got a plate full of Charlot homemade cookies! (I forgot to take a picture)

12/19/14- Today goodie bags were packed and delivered to my co-workers.


Hope you all enjoy these stories and that maybe it will inspire you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment