Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Salted Caramel Cooked Apples

The above picture is the result of the below picture. Blue Bunny just knew when they put out a cinnamon ice cream I couldn't resist, and then Wal-Mart strategically placed it directly in my path to much healthier options so basically it just fell into my cart. Oh how I love cinnamon ice cream and the very first time I ever had it was served on an apple dumpling. The memories…


When I bought this over the weekend I knew that I didn't want to eat it all by itself and making apple dumplings seemed excessive delicious but excessive. Just a normal caramel sauce was considered but I needed to make it somewhat healthy right? That is where these apples were born! Enjoy!

Salted Caramel Cooked Apples
4 Gala Apples peeled and sliced
4 TBSP Butter
¼ Cup Brown Sugar
1 TSP Kosher Salt
Melt butter, sugar and salt in a skillet over low heat , add apples and simmer on low until apples are tender. 


No comments:

Post a Comment