Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Asian beef and noodles


As I have been talking about for a few weeks now, one of my goals this year was to be better at meal planning. Well I have been at it for about a month now and I am falling I love! This has also helped me actually try some of those zillions of recipes I have pinned. Last nights meal was one of those! I found this recipe a few weeks ago and I couldn't resist basically because I love love love beef lo mein. Love it. Even with my love, I don't eat it real often due to it not being the healthiest of options. But this version was weight watchers friendly! I'm not on weight watchers but I thought well it has to be a bit better than the classic version! Man alive was this delicious, quick and easy, yes yes and yes! Now I did edit the recipe a bit which was supposed to be 9 points, I added a bit of peanut butter, and siracha to the sauce for more of a Thia feel. So if there is anyone out there that wants to do the points over that would be a great thing! 
Oh and one more amazing thing!!! The dish makes quite a bit, but the 9 point serving size is for half the dish! So my math said that we made this into four serving so it would be 4.5 points right? Regardless of the points or your plan this dish is great for a hearty healthy weeknight supper!

Asian Beef and Noodles
8oz rib eye steak
2 tsp sesame oil, divided
1 cup green onion, sliced into 1in pieces
2 cup packaged carrot and cabbage coleslaw
2 packages beef-flavored ramen noodles
1 1/2 cup water
1tsp creamy peanut butter
1 tsp siracha (or any hot sauce would do) 
1 tbsp soy sauce

Trim fat from steak, cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Heat 1tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add steak and onions;stir fry for 1-2 minutes,or until meat is browned. Remove steak mixture from skillet, sprinkle with a bit of salt and keep warm. Heat remaining 1 tsp of oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add slaw; stir fry for 1 minute. Remove from skillet and keep warm. Remove noodles from packages; reserve 1 seasoning package for another use. Add water  and remaining seasoning packet to skillet; bring to a boil. Break noodles in half add noodles to water. Cook noodles for a few minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir peanut butter, siracha, and soy sauce, together. Once noodles are done stir steak, slaw, and soy sauce mixture into the noodles, cook until thoroughly heated. ENJOY!

1 comment: