Monday, January 26, 2015

The Things She Says…Continued


Do you ever have those moments as a parent when you just have to walk away and either laugh, cry or pray? Oh that’s just me too! Well great! The following are just two small stories (of several that I will share eventually) from our adventurous weekend. I will warn you one contains bathroom talk…she is four there are few boundaries with her. I promise I am trying, I really really am!

Saturday morning we just got home from grocery shopping. I am standing in the living room talking to her.

Momma: “Charlot can you play for a few minutes while momma unpacks the groceries and gets lunch together.”
Charlot: “Sure, what’s for lunch?”
Momma: “Leftover pizza.”
Charlot: “Momma I think I have decided something.”
Momma: “Really, what’s that?” (I am assuming that it is what she is going to be when she grows up, we had had that discussion earlier)
Charlot: “OK, I have decided that I want a brother and a sister.”
Momma: “Oh huuuuummmmmmm.” (As I choke and cough uncontrollably)
Charlot: “Is that ok?”
Momma: “Well, we don’t really get to choose, God will decide if you get and brother or a sister, and Momma and Daddy will decide if we are going to have any more babies.”
Charlot: “So God will decide…I can talk to God about anything, right?”
Momma: “Yes and yes.”
Charlot: “Ok”
I head off to the kitchen thinking I had dodged that bullet and we were done with that. Then suddenly I don’t hear anything coming from the living room…silence and a child normally means trouble. I look in there to see her with her little head bowed, hands folded, and eyes closed.
Charlot:”God, if its ok could you PLEASEEEEE let me have a BROTHER and a SISTER. Oh and help me be good. Amen.”

I couldn’t help but be so proud and so panicked all at the same time.  

Just when she has a moment like that one this next one happens and I have no real words. Yesterday the Hubs didn’t go to church with Charlot and I. He stayed home to take care of some of the home remodeling things. We had a church dinner after service yesterday so I took Charlot up to the sanctuary to sit with my dad and brother, while the committee my mom and I serve on prepared lunch. So I wasn't present for the conservation but it was confirmed to me by both my dad and brother.

Pap: “Charlot where’s your Daddy”
Charlot: “whispers something that my dad can’t hear”
Pap: “Charlot, Pap didn’t hear you where’s your daddy.”
Charlot: “He was at home in the bathroom when we left, and IT STUNK!”
Pap: “Oh hum ok”
Zach and Pap: Laughing uncontrollably
Then when they come down stairs for lunch we are all sitting at a table with my grandparents. My grandma asks where the hubs is? I said at home working on a few projects. My dad and brother proceed to start laughing.
Zach: “You don’t want to know what your daughter told us.”
Me: “What did she say?...(about that time realizing what she probably said) NEVERMIND do not tell me!”
Zach and Pap: Laugh uncontrollably yet again.

I just wanted to crawl under a rock and CRY.

Heaven help me with this kid. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment