Thursday, August 25, 2016

Date with the Hubs...


I probably should have titled this date planned (hahaha) by the hubs. On Sunday afternoon we loaded up everything and headed home from the fair (Yes a state fair post or 2 will be coming). We got out to my parents got all the animals and equipment unloaded safely then stuck around for supper. After supper I heard the hubs ask Charlot if she and Conrad wanted to stay here with Grandma and Pap while momma and daddy went to check cattle. I was slightly excited for a little quite time with just the hubs even if it included cattle checking. And I know my parents love when my kiddos are present so they didn't seem to mind. Off we headed to the pasture of cattle that are not real far from my parents house. The above picture of the hubs is perfect, he is completely in his element anytime he is observing livestock. The man has a love of animals like no other.

Here are a few of the calves out of registered heifers we purchased last year, or so the hubs told me. I said they are really pretty. He said they should be their out of a million dollar bull. Say what when did we get a million dollars. The joke didn't go real far with the hubs, ok he did humor me and laugh a little.

And here's one of those calves momma's. She was pretty sweet and following my a bit to close for comfort. Like a lot to close. You have all heard my fear of cattle I'm not getting into that again.

Then there is this beauty, this is butters she is old like real old but she is still productive, notice the calf at her side. I am well aware that is the only reason she is still around as the hubs prefers black cattle. I'm a fan of her blonde hair and whiteish face, she's pretty and stands out in the crowd refusing to blend in I feel we are connected in a way. Like she is my spirit animal or possibly I just feel old as well but still like to stand out in a crowd.

Now this moment happened, this ole girl 495 loves cubes and will come and try to get them from you weather you have them or not. I didn't mind her she was sweet and not jumpy and didn't throw her head around so we got along...that was until......

Moments later after I put my life out there and let her lick my hand I nearly saw my life end! I turn and see the bull coming up out of the pasture towards us I said is that the same bull as last year (he wasn't terrible). The hubs says...oh no that's Johnnie's. Oh perfect. And in that moment he decided to jump up and head straight towards us, he was playing (the hubs words). He was establishing his dominance and I was more than glad to let me have it. I high tailed my rump out of there as the hubs is shouting running is the worst thing you can do! I didn't care it was fight or flight time and flight was my choice! I made it to the truck got in and didn't leave again until we got back to my parents. 

We walk back into my parents house and my dad says well your son has had two dirty diapers in the hour you were gone. I said lovely. The hubs says well you might want to check your daughters diaper as well! 

The reasons I love this man continue!




No comments:

Post a Comment