Sunday, August 28, 2016

Freezer breakfasts...2 recipes!!!

                                       
Please don't judge the picture I wasn't really planning on this post! But I posted on Facebook earlier today about my productive afternoon, and kind of got a bigger response than I expected. A few people asked me about my breakfast recipes, well they will be included in this post.
First off let me say that breakfast prep has completely changed my morning eating and provided much less hectic mornings around our home! I took a break from these while prego mego because eggs and mornings just were not my friend! But I am so glad I prepped these for us during the state fair and for my first week back at work life savers! Or saved me from eating something cruddy! 
My number one reason for freezer breakfast prep for me is better eating in the morning. If I have a protein fueled breakfast that is filling my eating for the entire day is so much better. The other reason is simply time! If I spend an hour or so fixing these once every few weeks I save myself so much sanity during the week! 
So let me tell you some of my tips! Wrap things tightly in foil. Reheat/defrost in the oven each morning at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.(I throw them in when I get up and they are ready when we leave) Keep things simple but flavorful. Put wrapped sandwiches/burritos in gallon ziplock bags. I sure hope these help some of you!

Breakfast Burrito-252 calories each 
Makes 30 burritos
2 lbs turkey breakfast sausage
22 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup salsa
1 tbsp hot sauce
4 oz shredded cheese
30 soft taco sized tortillas 
In a large skillet brown turkey sausage seasoned with salt and pepper. In the meantime whisk together eggs milk and hot sauce season with salt and pepper. Once meat is cooked through drain. In the same skillet pour in the egg mixture and stir until eggs are soft set. Add meat and salsa into eggs. Cool filling. Set up an assembly line, tear sheets of foil, have. A stack of tortillas, filling and a bowl of cheese place a tortilla on the foil stack fill with approximately 1/4 cup of the egg mixture, roll the tortillas then wrap with foil. 

Breakfast Sandwich-244 calories each
12 English Muffins (I buy the great value 12 pack, the bag works great to store sandwiches in)
12 Slices Candian Bacon
12 Slices American Cheese
12 Eggs
Heat oven to 350. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Crack an egg in each well, then take a fork and scramble each one. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until set. When done cool for a few minutes. Start building sandwiches. Tear foil and stack. Separate all muffins. Assemble by splitting cheese slices into three one on the top of the muffin one on the bottom one I between the meat and cheese. Build and wrap sandwiches! Store in muffin bag or ziplock! 


No comments:

Post a Comment