Monday, September 19, 2011

Fresh Apple Cake...

Yesterday was my bosses’ birthday and as usual I made a special treat to celebrate. Typically he is a cherry pie guy, but this year he said he wanted something different. I thought great different, what the heck does he want. Well there was quite a nip in the air over the weekend reminding me of my favorite season FALL and my boss adores apples. I knew that my mother in law’s Fresh Apple Cake would do the trick. And man oh man did it! I decided to follow my hubs request and not put any icing on it, instead I made a Carmel Whipped Cream to be served with it. I think every one really enjoyed it!



Fresh Apple Cake

3 Eggs

2 Cups Sugar

3 Cups Flour

1 tsp Baking Soda

½ tsp Salt

2 tsp Cinnamon

1 Cup Oil

3 Cups Fresh Apples (Peeled and Diced)

1 Cup Pecans (Chopped) (I suppose you could use walnuts here but I believe that is criminal)

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a Bunt pan thoroughly (or if you are like me and don’t own a Bunt pan use an angel food cake pan). Cream Eggs, Sugar, and Oil together until light and fluffy. Add flour, soda, salt, cinnamon , mix until well incorporated. Add in the apples and nuts. The batter will be thick but don’t worry it will be great! Pour into prepared pan, bake for 1 hour or until a knife comes out clean. Allow to cool for a few minutes prior to inverting the pan.

Caramel Whipped Cream

2 cups Whipping Cream

6 TBSP Butter (the Real Stuff)

¾ cup Dark Brown Sugar

Melt butter and brown sugar together until bubbly and thick, turn off the heat add a splash of cream stir together and allow the Caramel to cool.

Once Caramel is cooled pour whipping cream into a bowl and begin to whip once it has started to thicken gradually add the Caramel continue to beat until thick and fluffy

Please don't judge the back grounds of these pictures I had to take them at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment