Thursday, September 15, 2011

Guacamole Bacon Cheese Burgers

Talk about excess these babies exemplify it! Oh I do love a good burger. The hubs would say that I don’t ever cook burgers so I must not enjoy them. But here is the real reason I am not good at cooking them at all! I never manage to get them molded correctly so sometimes they end up super thick and tiny around. Then I can’t seem to get them done the way I like them. It is just one thing after another. So when the hubs said that he wanted bacon cheese burgers for dinner I was a bit terrified. I did decide to give it a go though and honestly they turned out pretty great. I got my inspiration for these from one of my favorite burger joints Fuddruckers, oh man their burgers are good. If you have never been go. Please! I have a particular love for their Southwest burger, smoke bacon, guacamole, and pepperjack cheese. Yummy!


GBC Burgers- (makes 4 burgers)

1lb Lean Ground Beef

1 tbsp Cumin

½ tsp Red pepper

1 tsp Season Salt

Salt and pepper to taste

Cheddar Cheese slices (I didn’t’ have any pepperjack in the house)

6 pieces of cooked bacon (1 per burger, except the hubs’ burger he likes two, and a spare piece for Gabby-chubby girl needed a snack)

A batch of your favorite Guac (I made my own you can buy it if you choose)

Toasted buns

Mix the burger and all seasonings in a large bowl, patty out four burgers making them a bit thinner in the center (this prevents the burger from shrinking in to a miniature football). Heat a cast iron skillet with a pat of butter, once the skillet is hot throw in the burgers, cook 4-5 minutes per side (less if you like a pink burger). Assembly spread guac on the buns place on burger, cheese then bacon! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment