Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Weekend Recap…

Good golly Miss Molly we had a fun filled weekend, and I could seriously use a nap to recover. This time of year is my favorite time of the year but it does seem to be one of my busier times. The fall festival was raging in our hometown over the weekend, and I out of tradition entered my baby girl in the baby contest (I was in it as a little one). Let’s get some things straight don’t think Toddler’s and Tiaras’, the attire for each baby was a white onesie. I was excited to show my precious little one off to the whole town. I wanted them to see how cute and happy she is.  Instead of her normal whole face shining smile she did more of a face like this…

Let's just say she didn’t win, I think she enjoyed herself though. But you know what I still believe my sweetie is the most precious little girl around. The lose did take a toll on the family, I think it broke the Hubs heart.

On Saturday I hosted a Pink and Brown themed baby shower for my friend/co-worker Cheri. Her little angle MacKenzi is scheduled to arrive around Thanksgiving. This was the first baby shower I had ever hosted and let me tell you I was SUPER excited to be doing so. I didn’t get a ton of pictures, because well honestly I am a dodo brain at times and I just forgot. I made most of the decorations and I made all the food. The menu consisted of a cheese and cracker platter, assorted veggies with a creamy dill dip, shrimp and bacon bruschetta, fruit and cream filled phylo cups, strawberry and chocolate fudge cupcakes. It all turned out wonderfully, the Momma-to-be enjoyed herself, all the guests seemed happy. Thus I deem it as a successful day! I can hardly wait to have the chance to host another! Here are a few pictures from the big day.

Drinking glass mason jars for favors
 Messy Shrimp and Bacon Bruschetta (I'll post the recipe later)

 Momma-to-be enjoying her cupcake.

The shower was just too much excitement for Charlot.

Hope all of you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment