Tuesday, September 13, 2011

When the cat’s away…

The hubs had to be away from home for a few days last week, he went to help harvest a plot in SWMO. Now I am sad when he is gone, I miss him so much as does Charlot. But when he is away I have to take advantage of it when it comes to dinner. Now he would never touch a meal of pasta with sauce with no meat I mean never. I on the other hand do occasionally enjoy a meal-free pasta meal. I really can’t think of a simpler or tastier way to enjoy pasta and tomato sauce. This sauce is a bit spicy from the red pepper flakes, yet velvety and rich from the cream. Oh excuse me while I drool a bit. If anything can make the hubs being away any easier this simple supper can!


Spicy Tomato Sauce

2 tbsp EVOO

1 tbsp Butter

3 cloves Garlic finely chopped

1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (you can used more if you want it extra spicy)

1 large Can Crushed Tomatoes

2 heavy splashes of Heavy Cream

Melt oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper, allow to cook until garlic is browned, but do not allow to burn. Pour in tomatoes and stir until well combined, it takes a bit, be patient eventually the tomatoes and oil will become one. Turn heat to low and stir in the cream.

I ate mine with spaghetti but whatever pasta you choose make sure the sauce completely coats the noodles. I top mine with a bit of parm cheese. Serve with crusty bread. Yummy

Note: Do not try to serve this recipe to your meat and potato men!

No comments:

Post a Comment