Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Awesome Present Idea!!!


Yesterday was my youngest Sister-in-Law’s birthday! Happy B-day RaRa, a day late! I was trying to figure out what in the world I was going to get her for her birthday this year. You see I always try to be super creative with birthdays; I want the recipient to be totally surprised!


RaRa (that is what Charlot calls her so it is now her name) loves when I make salad. It started when I introduced her to Cesar salad probably close to ten years ago. And now she has found a love for pretty much any salad I make, especially my version of Olive Garden’s salad. So I picked up a bottle of the dressing and that is what I was going to give her for part of her present!

Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Why just give her the dressing when you can give her the whole kitten caboodle! The RaRa is currently student teaching and living on her own, and I am guessing not eating the best. So making her a salad kit ended up being perfect, I even added some seared chicken breasts to make it a complete meal. The girl needs her protein!
Here is a list of what you will need to complete this present for someone special in your life!

Two heads of Romaine Lettuce Chopped (you could just do a couple of the pre-chopped bags)

Two Roma Tomatoes

1 can of Black Olives

1 jar of Banana Peppers

½ red onion sliced very thin

½ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese

1 bag of Croutons

I did four chicken breasts seasoned with salt pepper and garlic cooked in a hot skillet (mine were pretty little so you could probably get by with two) then I put them in a lovely plastic container.
1 bottle of Olive Garden Dressing

A big bowl to stick it all in
This is an older pic of these two but I love it!

She loved the present and said that would be her lunch for the whole week!

No comments:

Post a Comment