Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thankful Thursday


So it is really popular during the month of November to post on Facebook everyday what you are thankful for. I even took it to the next level and tried to blog each day about what I was thankful for that day. I really like this idea and I think it is so important to always be thankful for things in life. So today I am starting a new series called Thankful Thursday’s. I will post about many different things I am thankful for. Please if you would like to join in do so. If you have a blog great if you don’t comment on this blog or on my Facebook post. It is always important to count your blessings and be thankful.


Today I am starting the series with a group I have been a part of since October. Let me just start from the beginning. I was getting my nails done one day last October and my nail lady texted me that she would be a few minutes late. No bigge. When she got there she apologized and said that she was weighing in that is why she was late. Weigh-ins where? That was my question. She then explained to me that there were a few people in the area that were putting together a biggest loser group. I got all the details from her and we finished my nails.

As I was pulling out of her lot I thought well if the people doing the weigh-ins are still there when I go by the building I will stop in and see what it is all about! By the grace of God they were there and I actually got out of my car. I went in and discovered a group of people that weren’t there to judge or out do, just there to support each other in a journey of becoming healthier people. That very night I joined them and called my dad to ask him to join with me!

This “Biggest Loser” group includes nutrition classes, exercise classes, and a support group of amazing people who really are there for each other. We all are struggling in some way and we are there to help each other through. I have learned more than I could imagine. The fact that the number on the scale is getting smaller is great but the fact that I simply feel better about myself is even better! It has been a long time since I have looked at a picture of myself and like what I saw but this picture below changed that for me I truly like what I am seeing and I know I am going to continue liking what I see!

So thank you to my biggest loser buddies I am so very thankful that I have joined this group, you truly are helping me make the life changes I have needed to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment