Monday, February 10, 2014

Career Mom Mondays… Clean House


Yes I look like this at times!
I will never ever ever say that I have the cleanest house on the block because I just won’t, even if I am the only house on the block there will probably be something tidier. Being a working momma I have found that on the weekends I don’t really like to spend massively cleaning my house. I want to spend that time with my kiddo and making my weekly grocery run (haha). But you still have to make time to clean sometime. These are a few things that do to ensure my house is at minimum presentable.


1. I wash, dry, fold and put away one load of laundry per night. This way it doesn’t pile up and I don’t feel so overwhelmed by laundry on the weekends.

2. I run the dishwasher daily, sometimes more. Typically I run it after supper dishes are cleaned up if we have an extraordinary amount of dishes I will get up in the mornings and unload then re-load and run.

3. Mail gets sorted when we get home it doesn’t end up in a pile on my kitchen table. Trash, Bills, Magazines, Etc.

4. Each night before Charlot goes to bed she knows that she is expected to pick up whatever she has been playing with and put it in the toy bin.

5. I try to wipe down the bathroom once per week this usually happens on Monday nights (really no reason why it just does).

6. Last but not least each night before I go to be I try to tidy up any clutter that may have accumulated over the evening.



This seems to work for me so it leaves vacuuming and dusting for the weekends. Which doesn’t always happen, please don’t judge!

Now I know there are many other things that you have to do to keep a home clean and I do those but these tips help me keep my home more presentable!

No comments:

Post a Comment