Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thankful Thursday’s… for her health


Today and every day I am so very thankful for her health. Because short of a few ear infections and tubes being put in her ears she has been and continues to be a pretty healthy little one! Which I know is not the case for every child.


In July of 2010 I started reading the blog In This Wonderful Life, this blog is about a family that now has a set of boy-girl twins that are now just a little over two. But when I began reading this family had just gone through and was continuing to go through every parent’s worst nightmare. They had just lost their new born son after his battle with several heart defects. Congenital Heart defects they had learn of several months earlier during the earlier stages pregnancy.

I found it was really odd how overwhelmed I was by their story. Well little did I know, but about a month after I started reading I found out I was expecting our sweet bundle of joy. After reading their blog I educated myself and asked my doctor countless questions about my baby and her heart.

Each year February 7th -14th is Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week, something that I feel pretty strongly about. No parent should have to go through what these parents went through and there are many more stories like theirs. But we all should be aware. So take a moment this week and reading something about CHD. And be so very thankful for the healthy kiddos in your life. If you would like to check out Megan’s blog go to www.inthiswonderfullife.com.

Be ever so thankful this day and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment