Friday, February 7, 2014

The Things She Continues to Say!


This child of mine she is well I don’t really know how to say this…other than she is well spoken. And pretty much anything that pops into her head is coming out of her mouth! I know I do these posts pretty frequently but I can’t help it there are some pretty amazing things coming out of her. Plus I started this blog sort of as my personal scrap book and I want to remember these moments for a lifetime.


I will first start with a classic moment that didn’t really have anything to do with what she said it was more what I said. Right before Christmas one night I was cooking supper and she was playing in the living room. We have a really cute nativity scene that my aunt gave Charlot that is plastic so she can’t really hurt it. This year the kid was obsessed with the baby Jesus figure in the set, every time I would turn around there she would be rocking it, or carrying it, or possibly throwing it in the air. Well this particular night I had already told her to settle down several times and to not loose baby Jesus. It was pretty quite in there (which is a sign of trouble) so I step in there and here it comes out of my mouth.

“Charlot put baby Jesus down and take the dog toy out of your mouth!” Yup you can send me my mother of the year award any time!

Charlot isn’t a big fan of eating, it isn’t a secret, and I won’t lie she only eats when she feels like it. I don’t care how much you pry or force it isn’t happening if she isn’t in the mood. As she and I were sitting down for supper the other night I was asking her about her day at Telpha’s (the world’s most patient baby sitter).

Me: “Well what did you have for lunch at Telpha’s today?”

Charlot (as serious as a heart attack): “It was pretty bad mom.”

Me: “Oh yea well what was it?”

Charlot: “Telpha fed us dog food”

Me: “Really, I don’t think so?”

Charlot: “Yes MOM, Telpha FED US DOG FOOD!!!”

Well by this point I have to not look at her because I am laughing so hard. And for those of you wondering no she didn’t feed them dog food, it was Ravioli.

Here is another moment involving Telpha the sweetest babysitter on earth! (She has to be to deal with my kiddo) One morning this week while we were off due to the snow, I was watching the TODAY show and Charlot had just gotten up. She walks into the living room and says.

Charlot:“Hey you can’t watch that show it’s time for Telpha to watch Kelly and Michael!”

Me: “Well sweetie we aren’t at Telpha’s and I want to watch the TODAY show.”

Charlot: “Oh ok well then I can watch Mickey Mouse.”

Last but not least the hum dinger of them all!

We went to Arby’s last night for supper after a way too long Wal-Mart run. We just decided to run through the drive thru because the hubs and I had some things we needed to take care of at home. She ate part of her meal on the way home. Then when we got home she sat down to eat the rest of supper. I headed into the kitchen to do some things I needed to do. A few minutes later I peeked around the corner to check on her.

Me: “Charlot you need to finish your supper.”

Charlot: “Momma you need to eat your supper.”

Me: “I already ate mine on the way home.”

Charlot: “Really What did you have?”

Me: “A Chicken Sandwich”

Charlot: “Yummy that sounds good.”

Me: “It was good”

Charlot: “Oh maybe when I get a big mouth like yours I’ll try one!”

And there is another reason why some animals eat their young!

Enjoy your weekend and have a laugh for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment