Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thankful for the most amazing little girl


Lunch date with momma...those blue eyes get me every time
Today after being gone for a couple of days I am back with another thankful post, that doesn’t mean the few days I was off that I wasn’t thankful for something trust me every day I am thankful that I can get up out of bed. Today and every day I am especially thankful for my little nugget Charlot. She has been the most unexpected and amazing surprise in my life. For those of you who know me personally you know the story of Charlot and for those of you who don’t well here you go.

One of our first moments together...
I was told at a pretty young age that having children was going to be very difficult for me, if not impossible. That was something that I shared with the hubs early on in our relationship, I wanted him to have a free pass if that was something he couldn’t look past. But he loved me and said we would worry about that another day. In the spring of 2010 I was on the pill and had changed to a different pill that my doctor thought would be better for me. I didn’t cycle for the first month and I didn’t think much of it that wasn’t anything new, second month I was a bit more concerned called the Dr. they said take a pregnancy test. I did it came back negative. I didn’t worry anymore. Third month nothing called again Dr. said well this is probably what we have talked about that your body is just shutting down, we will schedule and appointment to see you. Mind you I was show no signs of pregnancy at this point, no weight gain actually I was loosing, I felt great, so I was on the same track as my doctor.

Such a happy baby and little girl.
On September 3rd 2010 my life changed forever, I was in the field with my boss working and I became extremely lightheaded and had to sit down. My boss took me back to the office where I sat down and called my family practice doctor. He couldn’t see me that afternoon but a Nurse Practitioner could. I wasn’t feeling well at all so the hubs came to pick me up. He had been working hogs all morning so he dropped my off at the doctor’s (he kind of smelled) office and ran the vet clinic. When I got into see her she wanted to do a CT scan but thought we should draw blood (my biggest fear) for a pregnancy test. After the blood draw I sat in the room waiting for what seemed an eternity, I kept thinking I can’t really be pregnant right, well then I heard her whisper to the other nurse cancel the CT. And I knew in that moment my life was changed forever. She came in and told me what I already knew that I was pregnant and that I needed to schedule an appointment with my OBGYN.

I sat there for quite a while, somewhere between shock, disbelief, panic, and joy. Let me get real here for a moment, this was not in my 5 year plan at that point. I was very into my career, I loved where I saw it going, I wanted the hubs and I to be married for 5 years before we had a baby, I had other things I thought I wanted first. Well apparently the Lord knew exactly what I needed. As I walked outside to get in the truck with my husband I was trying to decide how I would tell him. I got in and he said (in his true fashion mind you), “well what did they say are you going to live.” I looked him square in the eye and with no expression on my face I said “Well ready or not I am pregnant.” And in that moment we both could not stop smiling and crying it was amazing and I knew it would all be alright.

On her first birthday
Charlot has brought a type of joy to my life that I can’t even describe; I sit at night and just watch her sleep still amazed at God gave her to us. So as I said today and EVERY SINGLE DAY NOW AND FOREVER I am and will be thankful for her. I love you so much Charlot.

No comments:

Post a Comment