Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thankful Series Continued…


Today I can’t stop thinking about how very blessed I am to have been raised by two of the most amazing people on earth. So today as with everyday I am thankful for my parents. Momma Linda or Nana as Charlot has deemed her and Pappy Paul are remarkable people who raise two pretty great kids, if I do say so myself hahaha. No seriously my parents have been an example for me my entire life. They are an amazing example of what husbands and wives, moms and dads, Nana’s and Pap’s should be.


They raised my brother and I in a house full of laughter and love. But by no means were they pushovers they taught us right from wrong and if you were wrong, boy oh boy did you know it. My parents are the type of parents that once they had kids everything else was pretty much second. They sacrificed so much to make sure that we had everything that we needed. They did an amazing job of teaching responsibility, work ethic, service. From doing chores as a family to mission trips with my dad, to making certain we had jobs (even if they had to help complete those jobs), my parents were there.

Christ was and is the center of their house, and they made certain we knew all about it. My parents wanted me to know my God and have an open relationship with him and know how to pray. They taught us that in the best of times in life and the worst of times in life you need to pray and pray often. For these things I will always be thankful.

The thing that makes up my most fond memories, are all of our showing adventures. When my brother and I were both pretty young we started showing sheep and have continued showing but as we got older we turned to pigs. Of course we still do raise and show pigs. These times with my family never had a dull moment and my parents were always there helping and supporting (financially and emotionally) through all of it. Now if any of you reading are members of show families you understand that showing doesn’t always bring out the best in all of us. My family was no different and looking back now I wouldn’t change a thing. I am so proud that my parents are going to be there helping the next generation (aka Charlot) fall in love with showing livestock.

So here’s to you Mom and Dad! Thank you for all you did, do and will do for me, I won’t ever be able to repay you for everything. But I hope you know that I love you so much and I just think you are the BEST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment