Monday, November 18, 2013

Thankful Series Continued…The Power of Prayer



As I sat in the church pew yesterday and really listened to what the minister had to say. I started to reflect on what he was saying the title of his sermon was “Putting Christ in His Place.” He spoke about how important it was to really live a Christ centered life and how easy it was to be distracted, he said much more but this was the just of it. As I started to think about this I realized that this was something I have been really trying to do over the past month or so. Yes I am a Christian and have been for a long time but I do think that I had become distracted by all the other things that come with well Life.


Earlier this fall I saw myself coming and going and not really slowing down anywhere in between. I saw I was short with my temper, long with drama, and just not really that happy. I just broke down one night and prayed and prayed, I needed help I wanted to be a better person than I was being. Now I am not saying that the Lord has totally changed me but I do feel I am working on it with his help. But I will say that I have noticed I am happier in my marriage, I don’t seem to sweat the small stuff as much, relationships that I desperately needed to work on are getting more attention, I am a more patient mom, and seriously I am happier.

I guess it just took my ministers words to point out to me that the changes I had said I wanted to make were starting to happen. Funny how the Lord put things out there and they sometimes have to slap you in the face to realize it.

So Happy Monday and I hope each of you have a delightful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment