Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thankful Series Continued…Two for One.



I didn’t get a chance to blog yesterday it was a little on the wild side. Work was…well let’s just say nuts, we had church pictures and I ended the evening going to bed at the same time as my kiddo. Just call me a party animal!


Today I am focusing on my parents and I know I did a whole post about them last year but they truly are two people that each and every day I am so very thankful they are in my life! My parents are not only dedicated parents but awesome grandparents. Charlot loves them so so much, last night she told the Hubs and I when we asked her where she wanted to eat supper she said “Grandma and Pap’s.” Yes the kid adores them and loves spending time at their house.

But truly I don’t think that all they do for my brother and I is what makes them so uniquely different. It is what they do for others. Both my parents are people that truly have a servant’s heart.

My mom is always going and doing for many people, from taking people to doctor’s appointments, sending numerous birthday cards, to helping with meals on wheels, to donating food to the food pantry, to just stopping by a friends’ house to say hi, she is there. And you can bet your bottom dollar that if you know my momma and you lose a love one in your life she will be there with a big batch of cinnamon rolls to help sweeten a sad occasion.

All of these things are on top of everything she does for her family. I mean our hog operation wouldn’t exist without her. She fills so many roles there are too many to count or mention! I can’t thank her enough for giving me such an awesome example to strive to be.

As for my dad he spent 30+ years working in the public school system, from being a teacher to being an administrator his top priority was always student’s education. He was the person who was at school early each morning to provide help if needed. He took time away from his family to make certain his students were prepared for the contests they were competing in. He took the extra time to explain a foreign concept to his students that may have needed extra help. As an administrator he went the extra mile to help a struggling student graduate. When a child would be sent to his office that just wanted some addition attention he gave it to them. And I would hope that most parent s who he saw would say that he was as honest and fair as possible. Now I know it was his job but he most definitely wasn’t there for the money.

Now in “retirement” he works to ensure his customers have as successful crop year as possible. Again I can’t thank him enough for all he has taught me and the example he has sat for me.

So thanks mom and dad for being you. For leading me, providing for me, for letting me succeed and fail, and most of all thank you for loving me through all of it. I am not sure where I would be today without you. You are amazing examples of what a wife or husband, a mom or dad, and grandma or pap should be. I love you and I for sure don’t say that enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment