Monday, October 28, 2013

Career Mom Mondays…Organization


I just thought this was super cute and funny all at the same time!
I am kind of OCD about organization just ask the hubs and my brother. It kind of drives both of them crazy. Especially when we are packing to go somewhere they both pretty much just get out of the way and let me at it. But organization in a house is difficult, or I have found it to be. Our house is not big and we have a bunch of crap. But a few things I have found that help me out either in saving time or saving my sanity because I can find them is what I am going to share today. Please excuse any typos I may have I am running on very little sleep due to a sick little one.


1. I used to hate it when I would change the bed linens and would go to grab another set and would always be missing a pillowcase or something. My solution is that when I wash these everything gets stored inside one of the pillowcases that way I can just grab and go. This also seems to take up less space in my hall closet.

2. The case of the missing shoe… I used to spend crazy amounts of time each morning looking for my or Charlot’s shoes. It was driving me crazy. So I enacted a new rule that we take shoes off when we come in the house and we instantly go to our room with them. This at least limits the search area. Charlot pretty much knows when we walk in I will help her take her jacket off and she takes her shoes off and runs to her room with them. It is a system that is seeming to work and shaving off sometime in the mornings. She even has a special spot she puts them in, in the closet.

3. Speaking of saving morning time I hang Charlot’s clothes in outfits. Now this may take longer when putting clothes away but it sure saves time come Monday – Friday morning when I can just reach in grab two outfits let her choose, hang the other one up and get her dressed.

4. The USPS could take over my house if I let it. And at times it does. Mail is probably my biggest struggle. (well it is second to laundry but that is the next item for discussion). When we get home the hubs or I sort the mail into junk , bills, his and hers. Junk immediately goes in the trash; bills go in the mail sorter. And he and I both have a slot in the mail sorter which I clean out fully on a monthly basis. Magazines only live a short life in my home unless they have something we really want then we have an assigned basket in the office for those.

5. Laundry…YIKES!!! I hate it! I hate it especially because my washer and dryer are in my basement. But my goal is each night to get atleast one load completely finished. Washed, dried, and put away (my biggest struggle). So I now have an internal rule that I don’t go to bed without folding and putting away the basket of laundry that is setting on my bed. You would be surprised what one load a night can do for your weekend work load!

6. Last but not least I make our bed each and every day. It just makes me feel better. If everything else in my house is a debacle at minimum my bed isn’t. And I CANNOT sleep in an unmade bed.

Hope these help any or all of you! I have more but I’ll save those for another day I really must go take a nap!

HA HA HA



No comments:

Post a Comment