Tuesday, October 29, 2013

What a Glorious Weekend…

 
I love this picture and this dress is too much!
We had a great weekend, had the chance to do some relaxing, spending time with family, and pumpkin carving who could ask for more! It is really rainy here today so I am channeling the amazing weather we had this weekend to get through today!


We started our weekend off by traveling to my Alma Mater for homing coming, oh how I love Mizzou! First thing was the parade, Charlot loved seeing all the floats, she told me that she saw tigers, horses, and three JOHN DEERE tractors leave it to my kid to come away from a parade with that list. She was especially thankful for all the candy she got. She has been carrying it around since the parade. She really is at a great age for these types of events; I can’t wait to take her again next year. I really hope this is a tradition we can continue for years to come.

At the parade enjoying some of her catches
Then we spent most the afternoon and early evening tailgating with the hubs sisters and their other halves. It was a beautiful day to be out. We grilled and sat around and really just hung out. It had been a long time since we all had had the chance to spend that much time together it was super nice. A big thanks to Auntie Mer Mer and her fiancé Jeremy for providing the spot and Jeremy for being the grill master! Though the tiger game didn’t quite turn out the way we had hoped it was still a great day.
Auntie Mer Mer

Every tailgate needs Cheez-its and tractors

So excited to see Auntie Ra Ra
On Sunday we headed to church and had a church dinner after the services. These dinners always do my heart so much good to see our church all together in fellowship. Sunday was capped off with pumpkin carving that evening at my parents’ house. I thought the hubs, Zach and I did a pretty good job!
Here we all are with our creations...Charlot wanted to put her costume on a bit early

Works of art!

So I have to brag on the hubs he freehanded this!

Happy Tuesday, and enjoy the last few days of October! I can’t believe Halloween is almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment