Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wacky Brain Wednesday!


Oh my random brain the way it works sometimes amazes me.

Charlot and I spent some time at a local craft festival over the weekend and she had a ball. Her main source of entertainment was at this Mini Pumpkin Patch Booth, they had a corn pit and she loved it. I couldn’t get her to leave and once I did she kept asking to go back to the corn. Would it be weird if I took an old kiddie pool and made one of these for her in my basement??? I think she would love it but my biggest fear would be the attraction of loose open corn to the field mouse population. I cannot have a mouse in my house.

As we drive through town we see all these houses with the blow up Halloween decorations in their yards. And my kid goes crazy she loves them. She shouts “There’s HALLOWEEN.” It is pretty funny. Now we have decorations in our yard just not the blow up kind. This is not an open invitation for one of those decorations to show up in my yard. That was for my brother, he has been threatening for years.

Over the weekend both of my lovely Missouri teams won some wonderful games. The Mizzou Tigers beat the Georgia Bulldogs. And the Chiefs beat the Raiders. WooHoo! But the coolest part is asking Suri on my phone who is the best in the SEC and she announces the Tigers. Then asking her who is the best in the NFL and she announces the Chiefs. So exciting I was showing my dad this as we were driving the other day. He is an even bigger football fan than me. I don’t think this was a great idea for our safety.

I will leave you with this because it has been on my heart since I heard about it last week. My thoughts and prayers have been with the cattlemen of South Dakota. As a livestock owner myself I cannot imagine having to experience this. I saw this quote the other day and it really put it all in perspective for me. “In the winters chill or summer’s heat farmers and ranchers work so the world can eat.” The whole country should be devastated for these people. Just know this Missouri girl has you on her heart, and I am telling everyone I know of your loss.



No comments:

Post a Comment