Monday, October 14, 2013

Career Mom Monday's... Quick Suppers! Featuring...Saucy Shredded Chicken Tacos


Quick week night supper

I took a fews days off of blogging mainly because I felt the cat story deserved a to front a center for a day or so. Good news we have not had a cat sighting since. Now on to the good stuff!

As a working momma supper is a struggle I try and I try to preplan as much as possible but I still find myself atleast once a week asking my co-workers what they are fixing for supper. I ask in hope of inspiration. But as a mom we all know that there are moments when it just doesn’t happen and the nearest pizza place is in our sights. And that is ok! To avoid having Casey’s pizza on a weekly basis I have come up with a few pantry staples that help me get meals on the table quick. This is not my complete list, I am thinking of doing a whole pantry shopping post on another day.

1. Pasta (a variety of cuts and sizes) - it is quick and easy. Plus my kid loves it

2. Canned and Frozen Veggies-no chopping required, and I get her to eat a veggie each night

3. Variety of tomato products-(Crushed, Sauce, Diced, Paste(in the tube)) quick pasta sauce, calzone dipping sauce, quick pizza sauce

4. Pizza dough- no I don’t make my own, but this can be easily made into a variety of things

5. Tortillas- which leads me into my quick and easy recipe for this week

Saucy Shredded Chicken Tacos

Now this dish includes several of my go to items. Tortillas, My Pre-Shredded Cheese, and Pre-Shredded Chicken (for info on these items see this post), and Tomato Sauce. It is a lovely saucy tomatoy cheesy flavor explosion. Ha that was way over the top but this dish is good.

1 bag of my frozen pre-shredded chicken (about 3 breasts)

2 cups chicken stock/broth

1 can tomato sauce (for this dish I used the rotel tomato sauce it was a bit more spicy)

2 TBSP Taco Seasoning (you can use your own or packaged kind) Mine is a combo of cumin, red pepper, paprika, salt, black pepper, and ground oregano

And that is it. Warm the stock and sauce with seasonings in a skillet and add the chicken if it is thawed you are even closer if not allow to thaw in your sauce.

It should look like this while cooking. Yummy

Warm some tortillas, chop some lettuce, and tomatoes, grab some cheese, and people you have supper. Easy and yummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment