Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Career Mom Mondays…A day late


I can use all the help I can get with this little hot mess!
I am thinking of starting a new series here on the ole blog called, Career Mom Monday’s. I am seeing this as a where place I can talk about things I do at home to help Monday’s and all the rest of my week go more smoothly. Now I have to give credit where credit is due and I asked one of my readers what she enjoys about my blog and if she had any ideas for me to try out. She suggested that I talk about some of my organizing tips thus Career Mom Monday’s was born.


Now let me put out a PSA, I am not the picture of perfection at any moment you could come to my home and find my house in a total debacle but I am really trying to do better. I just want a place to share ideas with other moms out there Career Moms and Stay at Home Mom’s alike. Because if any of you out there are like me ideas from others are like gifts of sweet nectar. Taken, embraced and used if possible!

To start this out I thought I would talk about meal preparations. Because anything that can make that go quicker is amazing!!! These are just a few things I do to help.

1. Buy Hamburger in big packages 2lbs plus. It is just as easy to brown 2-5 lbs as it is to do ½ lb. I typically buy a big package when it is on sale bring it home and brown it with an onion, salt and pepper. I drain it and allow it to cool. Then it is portioned up in plastic bags and froze. This can be used later for tacos, spaghetti , in soups, hamburger stroganoff, the possibilities are endless. I try to get it out the morning I want to use it but if I don’t I can just throw it in some spaghetti sauce and it will thaw as the spaghetti sauce warms up.



2. Same thing with chicken breasts buy a large package. On Saturday’s I throw a large package (usually 8-10 breasts) in the crock pot with salt pepper and a little stock and cook. When they are done I shred them up and freeze for later use. Think soup, pot pie, casseroles, tacos, enchiladas. Again the possibilities a plenty!



3. Cheese!!! Now I have a tendency to not like the pre-shredded cheese but I also have the tendency to not want to shred cheese anytime I want it. So a few years ago the hubs bought me a food processor for Christmas and it has this amazing shed attachment on it. This comes in handy quite often. When cheese is on sale I buy several packages of the ones we use the most and shred them up bag them and freeze them.



To me meal time should be fun and you shouldn’t spend the bulk of your evening trying to fix a ten course meal. What helps me the most is having items I use the most ready and waiting for me to use when I need.

If you have any topics you would like discussed or ideas for me please send them my way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment