Thursday, September 12, 2013

9/11


I know this is a day late but for some reason I was unsuccessful getting this posted from my iPad last night??? But I still wanted to share.



9/11 the day that will never be forgotten. I was a senior in high school in 2001 when the attacks happened. I never thought something like that could ever happen in our country things like that didn’t happen here. I remember feeling so childlike and scared, I mean really really scared. I didn’t know what to think or feel or how to react I was just scared and I wanted to cry. I remember feeling relieved when it was announced that all games and practices were canceled for the day, I just wanted to go home. But the thing I remember most about that day happened hours after I had found out about the attacks.

It was later in the evening my parents and I had eaten supper and were watching the news I climbed into my dad’s chair with him and laid my head on his should in disbelief as to what was happening. I said to him words I am certain he never thought he would hear from his daughter. I asked “Dad why do people hate our country so much they would do this.” And for the first in my life my Dad didn’t really have an answer he just said “well I really don’t know.” Then he and my mom spent a few minutes trying to explain the happenings and explain what might happen in reaction to this.

And today as I am at home with a sick little girl I can’t imagine what my parents were going through that day as they tried to explain to me and protect me all at the same time. To this day every year on 9/11 I still tend to feel like a small child that just want her mom and dad. So today when Charlot sitter called and said she wasn’t feeling well and kept asking for her momma, I took that opportunity to leave work a little early and hold my baby. If I could choose one thing that we as a country learned from this day it would be to hold your loved ones tight, you just really never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment