Friday, September 20, 2013

Twice Baked Potato Casserole…Make it SOON!!!


Before baking!!!
So I was preparing dinner for some out of state family members a few weeks back and I needed something that one would feed a bunch of people and two travels well. I had been in the mood for THIS scrumptious twice baked potato casserole I have made before but it is quite labor intensive and I wasn’t in the mood for peeling potatoes! So I set off to create something of my own, and it was met with great reviews. This dish would be perfect for a church carry in, a Sunday supper, holiday meals, or anytime you want cheesy bacony (I know that has to be a word) potatoes!

After the family had eaten half of it because I an airhead and forgot to take a picture before the dig in started!

Let’s Make it!

Bacon, and CHEESE time



Twice Baked Potato Casserole

5lbs Russet Potatoes washed and cut into chunks

2 sticks butter

2 TBSP Ranch Dressing Mix

4 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese (Shredded)

1 Bag of bacon pieces (I don’t know if that is the official name of those but the bacon bit in the bag)

4 Oz Cream Cheese (cut in small cubes)

4 TBSP Green onion tops (sliced thin)

Boil potatoes just shy of done and drain. Return to pan and add the two sticks of butter and Ranch season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover potatoes with no heat on allow butter to melt then shake the pan to coat all the potatoes with the buttery ranch goodness! Grab your 9x13 casserole dish (mine is pretty deep so if yours is more shallow you may want to use a bigger dish), spray with nonstick spray. In the bottom place a thin layer of potatoes, top with 1/3 bacon, cheese and cream cheese, repeat for three layers ending with cheese on top in the final layer add your green onions just before the cheese.

Bake in a 350 degree oven covered for 15-20 minutes! Then DIG IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment