Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Avocado, Shrimp Salsa???


I am not certain what to call this dish so I am going with avocado shrimp salsa. My cousins wife brought this dish to our family Easter celebration on Sunday and it was delish. I didn’t exactly get her recipe nor did I fully ask her how to make the dish but I thought I would give it a try. I thought it would be a nice healthy treat for our office Administrative Assistant, since today is Administrative Assistants day!


The verdict is in and it was loved by all regardless of what I decide to call it! This light refreshing dish would be great for a summer party served with toasted bread, celery, or store bought flat bread crisps like I did! It is also super easy to make with just five ingredients it whips up in no time flat.

Now in the following recipe you will see the term cheeked for the roma tomatoes in this dish. I am not certain this is an actual culinary term but I use it. I just mean cut the side of the tomato off and use them, trying to avoid the center with the seeds. If there is ever a term in one of my recipes that bothers you or you don’t understand please feel free to contact me I kind of tend to speak my own language.

Back to the dish! If you would like you can add some finely diced red onion but raw onion just doesn’t make my pallet real happy! Make it for your next get together make it to serve over chicken breasts make it for your momma make it for your hubs whatever you do just give it a try!




Avocado Shrimp Salsa

2 Avocado’s Diced

3 Roma Tomatoes Cheeked and diced

1 package of Cocktail Shrimp diced a bit

1 Small container of crumbled Feta

1 Lemon (Zest and Juice)

Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients with lemon zest and juice. Season with Salt and Pepper. Chill before serving

No comments:

Post a Comment