Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spinach Artichoke Dip Pizza with Chicken and Bacon


We had a bit of a watch party on Sunday night at my parents’ house to watch the Food network Series “America’s Best Cook.” A friend of our family who my bro and I grew up show against was competing on the show so I decided it was a good excuse for a party.




In the process of planning the party food came up and it was requested that I make my Shrimp and Pesto Pizza again. Well that was all fine and good but I knew I needed something else, a new exciting pizza. Well lo and behold I thought why not mesh spinach artichoke dip and pizza, of course that would be great. And the results came back pretty darn positive another pizza to keep in my rotation.

Even though our friend didn’t make the finals she did an amazing job representing the Mid-west. Especially mid-west farmers. She would have made my team for sure but apparently the Food Network forgot to call me to judge/mentor. It was fun watching her and celebrating with some great pizza! Give this bad boy a try!

Spinach Artichoke Dip Pizza with Chicken and Bacon

1 can pizza dough (I used Pillsbury whole wheat)

1 ½ chicken breast Seasoned with Salt and Pepper and Sautéed

3 Strips of Bacon Diced and browned

1 container of Garlic Herb Cheese

1 Can Artichokes in water Drained and diced

Juice of ½ lemon (cuts the richness)

1 bag of Spinach

1 ball Fresh Mozzarella sliced thin

Heat oven to 400. On a large cookie sheet spray with Pam and sprinkle on some cornmeal. Spread your dough out to reach all sides. Prick the dough all over with a fork prebake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes

Mix your garlic herb cheese, lemon juice and your diced artichokes. Spread over your cooled crust and top with sliced mozzarella cheese. Top with as much spinach as you like. I used quite a bit because we like the green stuff. Then add on the chicken and bacon.

Throw it back in the oven for an additional 10-12 minutes! Remove from oven, slide off cookie sheet on to a cutting board, and allow it to cool a few minutes before doing this. Slice it up and dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment