Monday, June 9, 2014

Allow Me to Introduce Miss Minnie

Yes this blog is called Married with Pigs…and no I don’t post a whole lot about the pigs on here. I really want to but then I have so many recipes I want to share I just can’t handle the pressure! Anyway here is the proof we do have pigs in our life! This is one of the gilts that Charlot will be showing this summer. She has two Minnie and Daisy…she is so creative for a three year old.




Minnie is a registered Hampshire gilt born in February that currently is tipping the scales around two hundred pounds so I am slightly nervous about how large she will be by mid-August when she and Charlot make their debut. But as you can see she is very loveable and quite calm around Charlot.
I have no idea where that stance comes from!



Good Minnie.

Minnie loves walks around the yard, being scratched behind her ears, baths, belly rubs and most of all marshmallows. I feel I am writing her dating profile. She probably wouldn’t be real thrilled with me announcing her weight earlier. This gilt is quite a softy and Charlot loves her. As you can see they are quite a pair Charlot gives her drinks out of the sprayer Minnie rolls over to have her belly petted and desperately needs another marshmallow. And each time Minnie receives a marshmallow Charlot needs one as well. It is a vicious cycle. I believe by the end of the summer I will need to own stock in Jet Puff.


That whole walking pigs and eating marshmallows thing is exhausting!

Stay tuned for pics of Daisy…she isn’t quite as laid back to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment