Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Freezer to Crockpot Fajitas...


Over the weekend I helped host, well I made a veggie tray, a beautiful bridal shower for one of my dearest friends. No I didn’t take any pictures I am an air head I have realized this the quicker you do the better off we both will be. Anyway back to what I was saying about well I am not sure. But because I made a gigantic veggie tray I had a ton of veggies leftover, especially peppers. Peppers don’t really stay that good for a very long period of time so I needed something thing to do with all these peppers.

What you will need!
PINTREST to the rescue!!! I just looked for recipes to freeze peppers, and I stumbled upon this little jewel! Super simple just throw all your ingredients in to a freezer bag stick it in the freezer, when you want to eat them stick the whole frozen chunk into the crock pot to cook for the day. Shred the meat up when you get home and enjoy. These were very flavorful and just the right amount of spice.
All bagged up and ready for the freeze

I had lots of peppers so in the pictures you will see I made several bags. But the recipe is for one bag which will feed four people.

Freezer to Crockpot Fajitas

2 large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

2 Bell Peppers (sliced in strips)

¼ of an Onion (sliced in strips)

1 clove of Garlic (minced)

1 can of Rotel (I used mild feel free to spice it up)

1 tsp Cumin

1 tsp Chile Powder

1 tsp Black Pepper

½ tsp Salt

Place all ingredients in a gallon size freeze bag, remove the air from the bag and place in the freezer. When you are ready to cook place in crockpot on low for 8 hours, remove the chicken and shred, return the chicken to the pot. Serve with tortillas, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment