Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Strawberry Grilled Chicken Salad...


The hubs sister got married this past Saturday in a beautiful ceremony, promise a post later in the week. The day was perfectly full of fun and family also perfectly exhausting. I believe the hubs and I laid our heads down around 3a.m. on Sunday morning. Then we both had to be back up and at Charlot’s VBS program at 9:45a.m. Sunday morning. To say the least I felt a nap was in my future.


My plan was to get Charlot down for a nap (Check), make apple dumplings for Christopher since he was helping the hubs (Check), and lastly sit down and take a nap. Notice there is no check next to that. The hubs is such a great man oh I do love him. But on Sunday afternoon I didn’t like him very much, as soon as I sat down to take a nap the phone rang and this is the conservation that ensued.

The Hubs “Hey what are you up too?”

Me “Preparing for slumber”

The Hubs “Oh…Well…I was wondering…if…well…I know you’re tired…but would you cook supper tonight since Christopher has been helping me all day?”

Me (Silence)

The Hubs “Did I lose you”

Me “No I would love to make supper my dear”

The Hubs “Thanks see you at six”

So here I go hang up the phone and off on a mission to prepare supper from what was in my fridge because I was not in the mind set to conquer the grocery store for a second time that day. It was rather hot on Sunday and the hubs and Christopher (sorry must clarify he is my sister-in-law’s boyfriend/Charlot’s favorite person on earth) had been working outside all day so a nice light supper would fit perfectly. I do believe the entire family was surprise when I served a salad for dinner but they all decided it was perfect after a hot day and a long weekend of big heavy meals. I simply served the salad in a large bowl with a side of crusty garlic bread.

So enjoy this simple salad supper any night of the week it will be done in 15 minutes flat! (Plus marinating)

Strawberry Grilled Chicken Salad (Serves 6)

2 lbs chicken breast tenderloins

1 bottle Vinaigrette dressing (I prefer Brianna’s Blush Wine Vinaigrette Dressing)

1 head of Green Leaf Lettuce chopped

1 bag of baby spinach

10-12 Strawberries sliced

3 Green Onions (Sliced thin)

1 cup Feta Cheese Crumbles

1 cup Bacon Crumbles

1 cup Toasted Pecans

Place chicken and 1 cup of the dressing in a large zip top bag season with salt and pepper. Allow this mixture to marinate for at least an hour but up to 6 hours. Try to shake off any excess marinade and place chicken pieces on a hot grill cook through. Allow to rest for a few minutes and dice just before serving.

In a large bowl toss lettuce and spinach together with onions. Next layer on the feta, strawberries, and bacon. Just before serving add on the pecans and chicken. Now I don’t dress the entire salad I allow each person to add their desired amount. But if you prefer dress the salad as you wish. Lastly enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment