Monday, June 2, 2014

BLT Ranch Chicken Wraps


This is a long story that does end with a yummy supper! So please bear with me!


As with a lot of Saturday mornings I put a ton of chicken breasts in a crock pot with seasoning and broth to cook so I can shred them and freeze them for future suppers. This past Saturday was no different except for I got on Pintrest just before starting batch of chicken and I saw a picture of a ranch chicken wrap. I didn’t look at the recipe or anything I just saw the picture and could not get the thought of it out of my head.

Off to the kitchen I headed to make some ranch chicken. Basically I threw a large pack of fresh chicken breasts and added one packet of ranch for every four breasts. Then topped it all with some chicken broth a cup or so, the crockpot did the rest. I was so excited because those chicken ranch wraps were happening for supper that evening!

The hubs, Charlot and I headed out to run a few errands that morning before I dropped him off to bale some hay (yes it is hay season, rain is currently in a love/hate relationship with the hubs). The longer we were out that morning the more quiet and clingy Charlot became. Once she and I got home I thought she felt pretty warm and her cheeks were really red. I took her temp 103.2 YIKES! She seemed fine that morning, seriously. I called our pediatric after hours hotline, which the Dr. on call said get her to an urgent care. Great! Here is a trip to Columbia I wasn’t planning on.

Charlot and I headed out right before noon and got to urgent care an hour or so later to find out she has STREP! Yuck! They sent us home with antibiotics and a Popsicle. It was late in the afternoon by the time we got back home and I was starving! Oh thankfully that lovely chicken was waiting on me!

I started to prepare dinner for us, Charlot said she wanted noodles (I figured soft on her throat) and bacon (no clue but if she was eating it I was feeding it). But the bacon made a lovely addition to the wraps I was planning for dinner. I also added making the dressing basically because it is much more figure friendly. Feel free to use whatever ranch you may like!

These puppies were awesome! They are on the menu for supper again tonight! Nice and filling while still being cool and light for the summer. These were great served warm but would be delish cool as well to throw in a lunch box, the hubs may or may not find one in his supper box for hay baling tonight!

Give them a try!


BLT Ranch Chicken Wraps (makes 4 wraps)

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I cooked a whole crockpot with ranch seasoning and a bit of stock, I shredded them all used what I needed then froze the rest)

½ head Shredded Romaine Lettuce

1 tomato halved then sliced

6 pieces for bacon cut in half and cooked

4 spinach wraps

1 Cup Greek Yogurt ranch (recipe below)

Mix about half of the dressing with the shredded chicken, set aside. Now it is time for assembly. Place a wrap on your cutting board, spread about a tablespoon of the ranch in the middle of the wrap spreading it out nice and thin. Top with ¼ of the shredded chicken. Next lettuce, followed by tomato, and finally 3 pieces of BACON, you could add some more dressing at this point if you would like. Fold the sides in and tightly roll, keeping sides tucked in. Slice the wrap in half and Enjoy!

Greek Yogurt Ranch

1 pkg of dry ranch dressing mix

1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt

2-4 TBSP Milk (depending on desired consistency)

Juice of half a lemon

Place all ingredients in a Mason jar close the lid and shake add more milk for a thinner consistency.





No comments:

Post a Comment