Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thankful Thursday’s…For Everyone Being Ok


A bit of a storm hit out small little town earlier this week…ok so it wasn’t just a bit of a storm it was a very scary storm. One that you probably won’t hear about on any news station but it did happen.


The hubs said to me as we were going to bed Tuesday night “there’s some pretty ugly weather out there on the radar (he’s a farmer watching the weather is his life), set your alarm for around 1 a.m. so I can check it again.” My response “sure hun I’d love to be woke up in the middle of the night to wake you up!” Ha said no one ever! Anyway I did what he asked and we both woke up for him to check the weather. He looked and thought we still had a little while, back to sleep I go! Well about a half an hour later I feel him shoving me out to bed to take cover.

At this point it looked like a laser light show outside, our windows were rattling, I heard a pretty big crash outside our window. We needed to get somewhere safe.

After the storm passed we went back to sleep, and morning came a bit too quickly. I headed out to see if we had any damage. Not too much lots of limbs down, a missing gutter, Charlot’s swing was crushed, Charlot’s play set was pinned against the garage by a limb. I thought we really go off pretty easy. Come to find out we did many other homes had much more damage.

The hubs got up we cleaned up what we could before work, Charlot came outside she was crushed because her stuff was ruined. As I was taking her to daycare we saw some other kids cleaning up their toys as well. I said “See Charlot other kids had their toys messed up by the storm too.” Serious as the world she say “Yea mom but why my stuff, it ALWAYS happens to MY STUFF.”

Leave it to my kid!

So this Thankful Thursday I am so thankful that everyone is ok and that I live in the small town I do. I have seen and heard about so many people helping each other clean up after this lovely little storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment