Friday, June 13, 2014

Thankful for understanding brides… I hope


I know it isn’t Thursday anymore; I didn’t get a chance to post yesterday. But I couldn’t resist sharing this little tid bit. So the two lovely ladies pictured above have asked my sweet sweet Charlot to serve as their flower girl for their weddings. Maria has been Charlot’s swimming lessons instructor since she was about a year old and Meridith well she is Charlot’s aunt. These two ladies are getting married over the next two weekends.


But here’s the deal the flower girl they selected doesn’t really like the concept of being a flower girl, she prefers it be referred to as being a bumble bee. Ok we can do that. Well this is how Wednesday evening went with my lovely child.

Me-“Charlot do you want to put your bumble bee dress on and practice throwing the flowers.”

Charlot- Sigh “I guess”

Me- “Well you don’t have to”

Charlot- “No I will”

At this point we have now put the dress on

Me- “OK so remember when you put this on for the Ria’s (Maria) wedding you’re going to walk down the aisle like a big girl and throw out the petals.”

Charlot- “Hum I don’t think I will do that”

Me- “Sweetie why not?”

Charlot- “Well will there be other people there”

Me- “Yes we have talked about this that everyone will want to look at how pretty you look in your dress”

Charlot- “Oh, well I’ll have to think about this”

Me- “Hum” total loss for words

Charlot- “Maybe tomorrow”

Me- “How about Saturday too”

Charlot- “Ok I’ll stand like this” At this point she is holding her basket and dress over her head, Sophia undies shinning.

Me- laughing uncontrollably thinking about her in front of an entire church “Well that’s an idea, we’ll talk about this more later”
She looks so thrilled!!!

So I am thankful and very hopeful for two very understanding brides…or I pray they will understand. I warned them when they asked me if she would. Maybe I should go ahead and get a REAL nice present for each of them to make up for the performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment