Friday, March 14, 2014

Simply Tasty Potato Salad


Potato salad is one of those things that is kind of personal, everyone has their own recipe and way they like theirs best. For me this is the one I learned to make as a kiddo and it continues to be a family favorite. If you need a simple easy make ahead dish this is where it is at. To me potato salad screams summer, BBQ’s, and flip flops! Oh I am so ready for flip flops to return to my life. Sorry I got side tracked.
Feel free to take this recipe and make it your own. Spice it up by subbing red pepper for the paprika. Add some zing by using Dijon mustard. And I guess if you must, add some onion, if you are a raw onion lover, unlike me! I won’t judge I promise!

Simply Tasty Potato Salad

5 lbs Russet Potatoes (Peeled and Chunked (is that a word))

5 Hard Boiled Potatoes (roughly diced)

2 cups Mayo (Please use real Mayo)

¼ cup Yellow Mustard

1 small jar Pimentos

1/4 -1/2 cup Sweet Pickle Relish

2 TBSP Sugar

1 TSP Cider Vinegar

2 TSP Salt

1 TSP Black Pepper

¼ TSP Paprika

Boil your potatoes until just before done, you don’t want to overcook or you will end up with mashed potato salad. Which I guess could be good??? Drain potatoes, pour into a large bowl for mixing and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. You want your potatoes to still be a little warm; they will soak in the dressing better!

In a smaller bowl combine all remaining ingredients except eggs. Taste your dressing for seasoning adjust accordingly. Add eggs in with the potatoes. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and eggs. Gently fold together careful not to mash your potatoes. Once it is all coated pour into your serving bowl and garnish with extra pimentos, relish and chives. Chill for at least 3-5 hours overnight is best!

No comments:

Post a Comment