Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thankful Thursday’s…


I received the above picture of Charlot from the hubs the other night. She is basically overseeing all the pigs and directing her father on what to do. They were spending some quality time in the pig barn, picking out her pigs for the summer.


I am so thankful that I have this picture, not just for the cutie in it. But for the fact that her dad and I are able to raise her in the area we grew up so that having livestock with our families isn’t a dream it is a reality. Good or bad it is the amazing dream I had as a young adult and it is now my reality. I am so thankful she will grow up knowing what the joys and sorrows associated with being in this industry. That she will know what it is like to clean a barn, care for sick animals, and she will realize the pork chop on her plate is something she and many others worked very very hard for.

I couldn’t be more thankful to share the love of showing livestock with her. To raise her in 4-H and to watch her grow into FFA those are the small things I am so thankful for. Earlier this week we celebrated National Agriculture Day, I couldn’t be more thankful to celebrate the industry I love and I am raising my child to love!

No comments:

Post a Comment