Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Child Nutrition…




This is my prayer to find a balance!
 I blogged a few weeks ago about my mission to lead a healthier lifestyle, if you missed it find it Here. One of the biggest reasons I started this mission was I wanted to be the best possible example for my kiddo. With this wonderful program that I am a part of comes a wonderful lady who happens to be an amazing dietitian. A dietitian with realistic expectations! She truly believes and lives by the code of all things in moderation.


Well tonight at our weekly meeting/weigh-in she is doing a child nutrition class. I am so excited for this! I truly struggle with food and my kiddo. I was one of those people with my nose in the air that said I will never raise a picky child. Well guess what I am. Not only is she picky she just will not try anything if she doesn’t think she will like it she isn’t trying it. Plain and simple she would rather not eat than try something new. Her doctor tells me that she is fine and is eating a good variety of foods but this momma is frustrated.

For a while I took the philosophy of she will eat when she is hungry and don’t give in to her wanting snacks in between scheduled meal times. But that seems to have gotten me hum nowhere! Ok I can’t say nowhere but she is still far from the eater I would like her to be. I have now gone to a system where if she at least tries the items on her plate and finishes one then she can have a healthy dessert. Typically yogurt or fruit. This method is sort of working we spent thirty minutes the other night to get her to eat a cooked carrot and a tiny piece of roast…wow talk about a test of wills!

This has been a long and trying battle. I will not stand in front of people and say that my kid is the best eat or that I am so patient or that I have never felt like a short order cook because all would be a huge LIE. The thing is I am committed and I will continue and I know I can and will persevere. Any advice is welcomed and wanted trust me. I will report back from the class tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment