Monday, March 3, 2014

Roasted Brussels Sprouts…

Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Roasted Garlic and EVOO coucous, and Steak. I tried to be fancy this weekend! HA!
If you would have asked me ten years ago will you eat a Brussels sprout I would have answered nope, no way no how! If you would have asked me five years ago the answer would have probably been the same. If you asked a year ago well you get the point. I have not always been a fan. Not because I actually had tried them. You see my momma is an amazing cook but she is the type of cook that if she doesn’t like it she isn’t putting it in front of her children so I never experience this tasty little veggie until a short time ago.

I kept seeing recipes for these little cabbage looking things and they always looked really good so like most things I had to give it a go for myself. Let’s just say my first go at it wasn’t so hot. But I persevered because lo and behold apparently the hubs loves the sprouts. I have tinkered with this recipe by adding bacon and sometimes a sprinkle of parm, but this straight up version is amazing and you can add whatever suites your palates fancy. Let’s do this!

Start by grabbing a bag or box of Brussels sprouts wash the little jewels. Then cut off the brown base, and cut in half root to tip. (I forgot to take a picture of me slicing these. I also remove any brown leaves at this point) Next lay them cut side down on a sheet tray. I line mine with foil and I spray my foil.

Next drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle on some salt and pepper then stick in a 375 degree oven for 30-40 minutes! Grab them out when they are nicely browned and caramelized. Drizzle with a bit more EVOO if desired, this is also when you would toss in the bacon or parm cheese. These are a perfect side dish. As you can see in the some of the pictures I have some broccoli on the tray (Charlot prefers broccoli). I use this method with asparagus as well just adjust your cooking time.

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

1 container of sprouts

4 TBSP EVOO

Salt and Pepper to taste

Pre-heat oven to 375. Clean and remove any brown leaves from the Brussels Sprout. Cut off the brown base then slice each one root to tip. Place cut side down on a foil lined tray. Drizzle with EVOO and season with Salt and Pepper. Roast for 30-40 minutes depending on how brown you like them. ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment