Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Ham and Cheese Stromboli


Hello I am a working mom, with a picky toddler, a busy life and getting a decent supper on the table is a struggle! That makes me unique right???...I hear crickets… Hello is anyone listening? Hello… oh that’s right every mom struggles with that. If you don’t please don’t tell me I will start to feel inadequate and I really can’t handle that in addition to everything else. HA!


Seriously some of my most dreadful moments of the day are when I am trying to figure out what in the world I am going to prepare for supper that both the hubs and I will enjoy and my toddler will at least try. I know if I were cooler and better at being prepared I would have my menu planned and all my meals ready to go on Sunday night by 6 p.m. Well frankly that doesn’t happen real often for me. I do a few things each weekend that help throughout the week but I can’t seem to get it all together and fill freezer with ready to go meals all the time. Please tell me there are others like me!

Anyway back to this tasty little sandwich type thing. Sorry I am not certain what to call it! Supper was made and on the table in less than thirty minutes and a bonus with it is that it could easily be edited to suit your family’s taste buds. The crust is simply crescent roll dough, then stuffed with ham and cheddar. But as I was making these I thought of all kinds of stuffers to go inside. Like sliced roast beef, with mushrooms, peppers, onions, and provolone cheese, or turkey, broccoli, and Swiss and my co-worker suggested chicken, spinach and parmesan. Oh man we may have these another night this week!

If you are looking for a quick and easy meal that the whole family will love give these a go! I served mine with pretzels, celery and carrots plus ranch for dipping.

Ham and Cheese Stromboli (makes 2 Stromboli)

2 cans of crescent rolls (I used Pillsbury crescent roll sheets)

20 slices of ham

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

EVOO spray

Kosher salt

Garlic powder

Pre-heat oven to 350. On a greased cookie sheet roll out your dough, if you are using regular crescent roll dough pinch your seams together. Towards the middle lay out five slices of ham, that are folded in half. Leave room along the edges for closing. Top with ½ cup of cheese. Repeat with more ham, followed by remaining cheese. Then fold the dough over the top pinching the edges closed. Spray some EVOO spray on top and sprinkle on some salt and garlic powder. Score the top lightly. Repeat with the other can of dough. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing into triangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment