Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My first 5K…


Just after I crossed the finish line!
Notice I said my first and I didn’t say my last! I have blogged before about how I have made the choice to start living a healthier lifestyle, a choice I desperately needed to make for me and my family. I know that some of the recipes I put on here don’t appear that way but my healthier lifestyle includes all things in moderation.

Having the proper eye wear is super important when you sleep through the entire 5K

Charlot and Grandma gearing up! Riding in the stroller is rough!

Well it has been a goal of mine for quite some time to do a 5K and when it was announced that the Biggest Loser Group I am part of was hosting one I knew this would be the one for me! I had a goal of not finishing last, major goal right! HA!
The big bro and I, he ran with me for a while but then the whole leg length thing became a problem.
My finish line cheerleader! HA!
The best thing about this is we turned it into a family affair; my parents, bro and Charlot (awesome stroller rider) all participated! The hubs well he decided this really wasn’t his thing but he was there to cheer each of us on at the finish line!

Speaking of finish lines here I am in true me style!



And my momma and Charlot...she woke up just in time for the photo finish!


My dad getting his photo finish...I have no idea where I get my wackiness

The whole thing was a great success for our entire little town. The event had over 50 participants and the proceeds went to our local youth center. Plus the fire department was kind enough to open up shop to let the kiddos see the fire trucks and the police started us off in great fanfare!
Say Cheese

Charlot and her buddy

Great participants!

All the people who are a part of this biggest loser group with me are amazing but I have to tell an extra special story. There is a young lady who is a member of the group that has several special needs and isn’t always able to do everything I know she would want to. But this girl is amazing she gives her whole heart to everything. On Saturday she walked the 5K and was determined to finish. Towards the end of the route she started to get tired and in need of some water, the water guys ran her some water and several of the “Losers” walked back to her. You could see how happy she was to have the support she did. I was so inspired by the two women who took the time to walk to whole race with her. And it felt amazing to watch all of us finish the race with this young lady. Even the fire trucks sounded off to celebrate her finish.

Now that is small town love and support! Thank you to everyone who organized this event and I can’t wait to do another!

No comments:

Post a Comment