Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thankful Thursday...Prayer Request

       
I am so very thankful that I have a job that allows me to take time off when I need especially when it comes to time with my family. Yesterday I took a day off to chauffeur my papa to see my grandma in the hospital. He used to say when he drove me everywhere that he was driving Ms. Daisy, I told him yesterday the roles had reversed. It really was a simple thing for me to do but I know it meant the world to him. And I seriously couldn't think of any place else I would have rather been than with him. I got to hear all his stories, and hear him tell me how much he love my grandma. And if I heard him say once I heard it twenty times that family was so important and that he was pretty lucky to have a family he was so proud of. So this Thursday I am very thankful for ease of getting time off and spending the time with my papa. 

Now it isn't real often that I ask for anything on my blog, that isn't really why I started it. I normally want to share recipes and our stories, but today I do have a request. If you have an extra minute tonight I would ask that you say a small prayer for my grandma. As tomorrow she is having heart surgery, a pretty routine one but still heart surgery. 

My grandma is one of the classiest, kindest, most creative women I know. And of I had the patience that she has in her little finger I would have more than I could ever need. She is a source of calm and strength in my life and I can only hope to be half the woman she is. Again I ask that you say a little pray for my grandma Kathryn. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment