Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Baked Cheez-It Chicken Strips



What could be better chicken wrapped in buttery cheesy Cheez-its? Hum I can’t think of much.  Ok I am sure there are many things but apparently not to my lovely little child. You see I am dealing with a bit of a picky eater, a bit might not really cover it. Getting her to eat used to be one of my least favorite things to do, but starting right after Christmas we enacted a new rule that she had to try at least one bite of everything on her plate. You see my kid wouldn’t ask for something else to eat she just would not eat, grrrr. It was like she was on a hunger strike. With the new rule the first few weeks were rough, I mean ROUGH. Today we are so far from where we were, thank goodness!

Last night I made this dish, with the help of my sous chef Charlot. And they were a hit! I had made it several times before as a whole chicken breast but I thought maybe a strip would go over better for her and boy oh boy was I right! This was what she said as she finished her plate , “Momma could you save some of this chicken for me, I really really liked it.” Hum yes I can!

This is a super easy weeknight supper to prepare for your family. These strips stay really moist on the outside while the crust gets really crunchy, perfect for dipping! I served mine with oven fries, and peas (Charlot’s choice), I bit of a weird combo but hey she was happy. Please enjoy with your family, and let me know what you think! 



Cheez-it Chicken Strips

4 boneless skinless Chicken Breast, sliced into strips
½ box of Cheez-its, Crushed (I use the regular ones but you could switch it up to any flavor)
½ cup Flour
1 Egg
½ cup Milk
5-10 dashes of Louisiana Hot Sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450. Line a rimmed sheet pan with foil, spray with pam. Set up three shallow dishes (I use pie plates). In the first add your flour, season flour with salt and pepper. Beat egg, milk and hot sauce together in the second dish season with salt and pepper. In the third the crushed cheez-its. Take chicken coat in flour then egg and finally cheez-its, place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken, as you are placing on the baking sheet leave room between strips for optimal crunchiness! Bake for 15 minutes then flip and bake 10-15 minutes more. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment