Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Gift that ALWAYS Fits...Food!!!



Well my itty bitty baby sister-in-law is having a big birthday this week. How is it possible that she is 23, because when she and I met I was only 19 so if she’s 23 that makes me…well let’s not discuss that. Regardless of how old she is or how young I once was she definitely deserves to be celebrated. And we did just that is past weekend! I am one who always tries to create gifts that are really going to be loved and appreciated. That was no different for RaRa’s birthday!

 RaRa teaches agriculture education in Northeast Missouri, she is in her first year teach so I know how crazy busy she is. I also know that on those long nights at school coming home to a quick and easy home cooked meal is amazing. So for her present I created a whole basket of joy for her! Wine included, wine always needs to be included. Unless a gift is for a child then it would be different. Ok I’ll just stop now. I just thought a nice bottle of wine went well in this basket. Let me step away from the wine, I found some disposable pans at the dollar tree that were the perfect size for a meal for two people or two meals for one person. They worked perfectly for my lasagna roll ups! 

If you are looking for a quick and easy gift idea think the gift of food it is always well received!
In the basket:
3 pans of lasagna roll ups (enough for two people) (I'll post a recipe for these soon!)
Loaf of French bread
Garlic Herb Compound Butter
Knock You Naked Brownies (Recipe found here)
Bottle of Wine
Wine Glasses
Cheese Grater
Lemon Juicer
Ice Cream Scoop
Kitchen Shears
Fridge Chip Clips (you can never have enough of these)





No comments:

Post a Comment