Wednesday, February 4, 2015

One Pot Wednesday...Quinoa Taco Bowls


Not exactly one pot more like one pan but still one piece to clean up! Can I get an AMEN! We love and I mean LOVE Mexican style food in our house. Tacos especially! In an effort to expand our food horizons and continue on my journey towards a healthier me I decided that we needed to check out this whole Quinoa thing! I know it has been around and popular forever but as usual I am last to jump on the cool train! So my thought was why not make one of our favorite foods into a healthy hearty simple supper?

This is the kind I bought just for reference

Quinoa Taco Bowls
(serves 6)

1 lb Hamburger
1/2 Onion (diced)
1/2 Bell Pepper (dices)
1 TBSP Cumin
1 TBSP Chile Powder
1/4 TSP Red Pepper
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 can Black Beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can Diced Tomatoes ( I used fire roasted)
1 Pkg Roasted Garlic Quinoa 
1 1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
Taco Toppings-
Lettuce
Tomato
Cheese
Avocado
Sour Cream 

Brown Hamburger with onion and bell pepper, cook until no longer brown, and drain. Return hamburger to the same skillet turn heat to medium add seasonings, stir to coat the meat. Add in beans, tomatoes, quinoa, and stock bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with taco toppings, serve how you would like just serve and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment