Thursday, February 5, 2015

Cooking with Grandma...


Some of my favorite memories from childhood revolve around spending time in the kitchen with my mom. She always encouraged us to help her in the kitchen. Even when we (my brother and I) made stupid mistakes, like leaving plastic wrap on meatloaf and burning soup due to not stirring it, she still wanted us to help her. I don't know if wanted is the correct word or allowed is regardless she was amazing at helping us learn to cook. I seriously credit my love of the kitchen to those nights spent in the kitchen with her. I still love to help my mom in the kitchen, even though now we kind of get in each others way, oops! The best thing is that she is passing this tradition down to my kiddo. Charlot loves to help both my mom and I in the kitchen. I snapped this pictures over the weekend of her and my mom making cinnamon rolls. They both were a complete mess and so was the kitchen when it was done but that didn't really matter because they both were smiling ear to ear.

This may be reason number 4062 that I am so glad that the hubs and I decided to live near and raise our kiddo close to our parents. She will have so many happy memories with them it just fills my heart. Thanks Momma Linda for taking the time when I was little and for continuing to take the time with Charlot. I don't say it near enough!

1 comment: