Thursday, February 26, 2015

Stuffed Pepper Skillet...



I have shared with you guys many times my love for a one pot or one skillet. One dish to clean up YES PLEASE! Today’s recipe fits right into that skillet stuffed peppers, I guess it would be like unstuffed peppers, or stuffed peppers unstuffed or well let’s not worry about the naming of this. Let’s just talk about flavor, flavor, and ease of getting to eat! 

A long time ago I shared my first experience with you guys about making traditional stuffed peppers, you can read about it here . I love my version of stuffed peppers but at times they can be a bit daunting with scraping out the pepper and having to parboil it then stuffing it, just a lot of steps. Steps that Monday through Friday I don’t really have time for. But getting the same flavor without the steps I've got time for that! Let’s do this!

Stuffed Pepper Skillet

Ingredients

1 lb ground Pork, Beef, Turkey (whatever suits you)
½ onion diced
2 bell peppers diced (any color we used red and green Charlot’s choice)
1 box Uncle Ben’s Wild Rice (the kind that takes 20 minutes or so)
1 can Tomato Sauce
1 TBSP Butter
2 Cups Chicken Stock (or Vegetable)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)

Directions


In a large skillet brown your meat with the onion and bell pepper, season with salt and pepper. Drain. Add all remaining ingredients except the cheese and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Turn off the heat and stir in the cheese. Allow mixture to set for 5 minutes or so to thicken. Serve with crusty bread YUMMY! Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment